And Why Use a Batch File Converter for your Document & Image Files
Computer batch processing has been around since the earliest days of computing beginning in the 1950’s. One of the first uses of batch processing was for accounting processes as tasks such as billing were deemed mission-critical to the operation of the company. Batch processing is used today for a variety of tasks including data processing and report generation, printing, database updates, and as a batch file converter for both document and image conversion.
Batch file converters efficiently process electronic document and image files from one format type into another, transferring digital images and other computer files into a more easily searched, accessed and stored archive. Batch file converter technology may be acquired as an off-the-shelf application, or built into existing enterprise applications via software development toolkits (SDKs).
What does a batch file converter enable you to do?
- Convert diverse document types quickly and easily into one easily read and accessed format
- Develop a catalogued data repository per user-specified naming conventions
- Create searchable PDF files from any text-based files
- More Features
High-speed batch file converters also offer the flexibility to be operated after business hours when more computing resources are available – providing an efficient way to perform ‘end-of-day’ business tasks.
Real World Benefits
Batch file converters give organizations in a wide variety of industries the document workflow functionality they need to process and distribute mission-critical information efficiently and accurately from multiple locations and across diverse file formats:
- Healthcare Organizations process a wide variety of facility and patient information including medical and financial records, insurance forms, physician’s orders and prescriptions and X-rays. Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems that utilize a conversion application enable users to securely access and view medical information processed regardless of format and data repository.
- Banking and Financial Services Institutions rely on batch file conversion for fast and accurate document conversions that speed up the processing of loan applications, mortgage papers, checks and other financial documents because they end up in an easily accessible format. Batch file conversion provides rapid and reliable access to content across disparate platforms, formats and work groups.
- The Insurance Industry has achieved expedited claims processing and enhanced customer service through the ability to handle any kind of claim form or customer correspondence. Insurers are also better equipped to meet compliance demands by maintaining document integrity throughout the conversion process.
- Government Agencies depend upon quick and accurate conversion for both documents created electronically and those scanned into a document management system. Documents with diverse formats and origins are securely converted, archived and viewed – both for internal use and for viewing by the public on the Web.
No matter the volume or format of files, batch file conversion technology can provide fast and accurate automated document conversion, viewing, storage and processing.